Moving Off – P.O.M. (Prepare, Observe, Manoeuvre)
1. Clutch lower together with your left feet palm towards your approved driving instructor and as much as select first gear
2. Set the gas together with your right feet (on the flat road you’d just have just as much gas pedal depression because the thickness of the fifty pence British gold coin), then keep your right feet completely still
3. Then, using the left feet, very gradually (especially the very first time you need to do this) and lightly lift the clutch pedal till you engage the “biting point”. The biting point is the point where the clutch engages the apparatus / engine and also the vehicle is able to move. Caution: at this time should you hurry and lift the clutch beyond the “initial” biting point you’ll stall the vehicle – meaning the engine will have to be restarted or you might “rabbit hop” across the road throughout the moving off manoeuvre and perhaps stall the vehicle / engine soon after that.
4. Please ensure both ft are totally still – P for Prepare is finished.
5. O for Observation begins: move your mind from “left to right”, beginning out of your Left Blind Place observing completely for your Right Blind Place – checking all of your mirrors among. Although transporting out this “observation” should you place any pedestrians, cyclists, motorbikes or vehicles approaching you, you have to indicate “up for Right” together with your Direction Indicator stay with inform them of the aim of moving off before you decide to really move. Caution: please make sure you move off only when safe to do this!
6. If safe to maneuver off, along with you Left Hands “prepare the Handbrake”, check one further time over your right shoulder (by turning your mind completely for your Right Blind place), release the hands brake, immediately look ahead: …after you are moving the vehicle forward J. M for Manoeuvre has become complete.
1. Right feet “off gas” pedal, and pivoting your right feet on its hill, immediately cover the “brake pedal”
2. Raise your left feet and “cover” the clutch pedal
3. Then, together with your “right feet”, lightly brake to slow the vehicle lower
4. Check ahead as well as in your mirrors to find out if “anybody” is nearby, in situation people or vehicles are approaching – from the direction – you have to “indicate left” together with your Direction Indicator stick by “lower for Left”
5. Searching ahead, pick a safe and appropriate “place” around the left hands side (within the Uk), to prevent your automobile, although you retain searching ahead and glancing inside your mirrors, when you are being “pro-active” searching for just about any “relevant” road changes / hazards that may adversely affect your stopping manoeuvre
6. If safe to prevent, boost the “braking pressure” together with your right feet, and from the “lightly brake” motion you turn to some “brake to prevent” motion
7. Ready your “left feet” (this can be a bit challenging achieve at the start), so that as you brake to prevent (by completely pushing the footbrake pedal lower so far as it might go), you have to rapidly “clutch lower” in the last moment (right before you completely stop), making use of your left feet – and that means you must press your left feet / clutch completely lower till it won’t go anymore
8. Now, ft completely still “place the handbrake on” to secure the vehicle, then make sure you select “Neutral Position” together with your Gear Lever stick, then release both ft, breathe deeply, congratulate yourself and relax J
9. Repeat the above mentioned Moving Off and Stopping Manoeuvres until you become confident with them.